Hosting Control Panel restore is available for CDP Enterprise and Advanced Edition.
CDP can backup and restore the following Hosting Control Panel products: System Requirements - CDP for Control Panels.
|Notice for 3.18 Version|
To use Hosting Control Panels with CDP version 3.18, users must upgrade their cPanel plugin for autologin.
Actions related to Hosting Control Panels:
- Schedule Replication
- Download as Archive
A Control Panel Instance is an occurrence of a Hosting Control Panel (a certain type of installation on the machine where CDP Agent is installed). A Control Panel Instance must be added to the Policy. For each Instance, you need to specify the Control Panel Type, Name, Description, and Parallels Virtuozzo Container ID (if it exists).
Once you have added the Control Panel Instance to the Policy, the system displays a direct link to CDP for Control Panel users. This link can be provided to the Hosting Control Panel end-users. Using the link, users can access their backups and restore data as ZIP or TAR files. To log in, end-users must use their Control Panel credentials.
There are three ways to restore or access Control Panel user files:
- Restore selected files to their original location. See Restoring Control Panel Users' Accounts.
- Download files to local computer and upload files via FTP to the website (Control Panel home). See Downloading Control Panel Users' Data as Archive.
- Send a TAR or ZIP containing selected or all files to Control Panel home directory. See Sending Control Panel Account Backup to Control Panel Home.
Actions related to Hosting Control Panel Instance:
The Control Panel feature can be enabled/disabled for a Volume ("Limits" tab of the "Volume Properties" window). Read more in Creating Volumes.
- Hosting Control Panels - Common Questions — A list of common questions specific to hosting Control Panels for admins.
- Setting up cPanel Plugin — Instructions on how to use the cPanel plugin.
- Enabling Hosting Control Panels Feature — Instructions on how to enable hosting control panels in CDP Enterprise Edition.
- Adding Control Panel Instances — Instructions on how to add a new Control Panel Instance to a Policy in CDP.
- Editing Control Panel Instances — Instructions on how to edit a Control Panel Instance in CDP.
- Disabling and Enabling Control Panel Instances — Instructions on how to disable a Control Panel Instance in CDP.
- Deleting Control Panel Instances — Instructions on how to delete a Control Panel Instance in CDP.
- Verifying Control Panel Instances — Instructions on how to verify a Control Panel Instance in CDP.
- Scheduling Control Panel Replication — Instructions on how to schedule the Hosting Control Panel Replication.
- Accessing Control Panel Account Backups — Instructions on how to access Control Panel user data that has been previously backed up by a Policy in CDP.
- Getting the URL to CDP for Control Panel Users — Instructions on how to access the URL to CDP for Control Panel users in CDP.
- Downloading Control Panel Users' Data as Archive — Instructions on how to download Control Panel Users' data as Archive in CDP.
- Sending Control Panel Account Backup to Control Panel Home — Instructions on how to restore Control Panel users' data in CDP.
- Restoring Control Panel Users' Accounts — Instructions for Control Panel users on how to restore files they own.
- CDP for Hosting Control Panels End-Users — User Guide for Hosting Control Panels End-Users.
- Integrating CDP with a Custom Control Panel — Instructions on how to configure integration of CDP with a custom Control Panel.
|Page: Limiting Control Panel User Access (Knowledge Base)|