Follow the instructions below to access Groups via the CDP Interface.
Only Super Users have a right to access Groups in the system.
Click on "Groups" in the Main Menu.
You can access the "Groups" window by manually appending the /Group/ folder to the CDP Server address in the browser address bar. Example: http://10.61.200.31/Group/. Note that the address is case sensitive.
The "Groups" window is divided into the following areas:
- Groups Menu - Provides access to the actions which relate to customizing the "Users" list.
- Groups List - The Groups added to the system are displayed in this area.
- Details Pane - After you select an item in the list, its details are displayed in this area.
You can also access the "Groups" list associated with the selected Agent, using the Groups Tab of the Agent "Details" Pane. See more information in Accessing Agents.
The following "Groups" menu buttons are available:
- Create New Group - Allows you to add a new Group to the system. After clicking on this button, you will be able to define the new Group properties. See Adding Groups.
- Basic List Filter - Allows you to customize the view of the "Groups" list. You will be able to apply the minimum range (most commonly used) of filter criteria. See Customizing the Groups List.
- Advanced List Filter - Allows you to customize the view of the "Groups" list. You will be able to apply all possible filter criteria. See Customizing the Groups List.
- Show All - Visible only when a filter is applied. Cancels filter settings and shows all records in the "Groups" list. See Customizing the Groups List.
The "Groups" list provides information about Groups in the grid.
You have the ability to organize information, such as filtering out the items you do not need to see. You can also sort items, limit the number of items displayed per page, and specify which columns you want to display. See Customizing the Groups List.
- Checkbox - Allows you to select the item(s) in the list.
- Name - Name of the Group.
- Description - Describes the Group in detail.
- Users - Number of users assigned to the Group.
- Volumes - Number of Volumes assigned to the Group.
- Agents - - Number of Agents assigned to the Group.
- Actions - This column contains icons which provide access to actions over the corresponding Group.
The Pages Navigation pane allows you to divide the Groups into pages by specifying the desired number of items per page. The Pages Navigation pane provides buttons to navigate from one page to another.
- Arrows - Turns over pages.
- First - Opens the first page.
- Previous - Opens the previous page.
- Next - Opens the next page.
- Last - Opens the last page.
- Page Number - You can type in the page number and press <Enter> to go to a page. The total number of existing pages is shown on the pane.
- Items Per Page - Used to define how many items to display per page in the "Groups" list. The system remembers your settings. Unless you change this setting, you see 10 items per page. If you want to see more/less items per page, you can change the number and press <Enter>. The maximum number of items per page is 25.
This pane provides detailed information about the Group selected in the list. The following information is available:
You can collapse/expand the details of a block by clicking on the header of the corresponding block.
- Name - The name of the Group.
- Description - Detailed description of the Group.
- Users - Number of assigned Users.
- Volumes - Number of assigned Volumes.
- Agents - Number of assigned Agents.
- GUID - Globally Unique Identifier.
Shows the list of Users assigned to the Group. See Users and Groups.
Shows the list of Volumes assigned to the Group. See Volumes.
Shows the list of Agents assigned to the selected Group. See CDP Agents.
Group's permissions are displayed for every Agent. Each permission is presented as an icon. All possible permissions are listed in the following table.
|Can edit the agent's settings|
|Can manipulate disk safes for agent|
|Can manipulate policies for agent|
|Can restore files from agent's recovery points|
|Can browse agent's recovery points (read-only)|
|Can edit agent's users|
|Can view agent's tasks in task history console|
Using the "Detail" icon in the "Details" pane you can see the corresponding object detailed information in view mode.