This section of R1Soft Documentation provides you with complete instructions on how to use the Bare-Metal Restore functionality in your R1Soft CDP Enterprise and Advanced Edition software.
A Bare Metal Restore is the process of reformatting a computer/server from scratch after a catastrophic failure. In conventional methods, the process typically involves reinstalling the operating system and software applications and then, if possible, restoring data and settings.
With R1Soft backup technology, you will be able to restore servers directly from disk-based backup. There is no need to first partition your drive and re-install the operating system.
With CDP Enterprise and Advanced Edition, you can use Bare-Metal Restore with the help of the following tools:
- Live CD Agent
- Live CD Server
- PXE Network Boot Agent
- PXE Network Boot Server
CDP Standard Edition can be used for file restore only.
- Options For Performing Bare-Metal Restore — Description of options for performing a Bare-Metal Restore: Live CD Agent and Server, PXE Network Boot Agent and Server.
- Testing Linux Bare-Metal Restore Before Emergency — Explanation of why you need to test a Bare-Metal Restore on each hardware platform before an emergency.
- Using Boot CD-ROM — Information and instructions for using the Live CD Bare-Metal Restore software.
- Using PXE Network Boot — Information and instructions for using the PXE Network Boot Bare-Metal Restore software.
- Configuring Network for Bare-Metal Restore — Instructions on how to configure the network settings for Live CD and PXE Network Boot methods.
- Configuring Bare-Metal Restore Server — Instructions on how to configure Bare-Metal Restore Server.
- Launching Bare-Metal Restore — Instructions on how to run the Bare-Metal Restore of selected Recovery Points.
- Restoring Windows Dynamic Disks — Instructions on how to run Windows Bare-Metal Restore of Dynamic Disks.
- Restoring Windows Logical Disks — Instructions on how to run Windows Bare-Metal Restore of Logical Disks.
- Bare-Metal Restore in Windows Hyper-V — Instructions on how to create a customized CentOS LiveCD, with support for Microsoft Hyper-V
- Bare-Metal Restore with LVM and RAID — General information about Bare-Metal Restore with LVM and RAID.