You can use the "Enterprise Edition" or "Enterprise Agent" installer to install the CDP Agent 3.18.2 Enterprise Edition. The Agent installer is a typical Windows installer application. Once you have obtained the CDP Enterprise Agent installation file, follow the instructions below to install CDP Agent 3.18.2 Enterprise Edition.
1. Log on to the Windows server as a member of the local Administrators group.
The user account must have "Log On as Service" permission to start the CDP Agent service automatically.
2. Extract the files from the archive. Navigate to the directory where you saved the "Enterprise Edition" or "Enterprise Agent" installation file. The Agent installer will have the following attributes:
For 32-bit system:
- File name - R1Soft-EnterpriseAgent-win32-3.18.2.zip
- File size - 29.52 MB
For 64-bit system:
- File name - R1Soft-EnterpriseAgent-win64-3.18.2.zip
- File size - 51.3 MB
The "Enterprise Edition" installer package is capable of installing both Server and Agent software. The "Enterprise Agent" installer package contains only the Agent software and is a much smaller package.
R1Soft products follow this format for version numbers: MAJOR.MINOR.MAINTENANCE. Pre-release downloads ALWAYS have a version number that has an ODD MINOR number, e.g., 3..0. Stable downloads ALWAYS have a version number with an EVEN MINOR number, e.g., 3..1.
3. Execute the installer by clicking "Run."
4. Verify the install destination and click on the "Install" button.
5. Wait while the files are extracted.
6. Click "Install" in the opened window.
7. Click "Install CDP Agent."
8. The R1Soft CDP Agent Enterprise Edition Installer will open. Make sure all other applications are closed and click "Next."
9. You must agree to the following license agreement. Read it to the end and click "Next" to accept.
10. The installer will check your system for possible problems. It is strongly recommended that all tests have a "Pass" status. You can repeat the tests by clicking the "Test" button. Click "Next" to go to the next screen.
You can find the full list of requirements here: http://www.r1soft.com/windows-cdp/cdp-enterprise-edition/sys-req/.
If one or several requirements are not met, then an explanation will be displayed in the "Message" column. For such configurations, further installation is not recommended.
Possible values for the "Status" column are "Pass," "Not Recommended," and "Fail."
If possible, correct the configuration and click "Test" again.
11. On the next screen, choose the installation directory for the Agent. It is safe to leave the default location untouched. However, you can install the Agent to another directory if, for example, you do not have enough free space on disk C. Click "Next" to continue.
12. The configuration is complete. Click "Next" to start the installation process.
13. The installation process will start.
14. To finish the installation, you will need to reboot your PC. Click "Yes" in the displayed window.
15. After the machine reboots, the installation is complete.
Proceed to the next steps: