To schedule a replication for a Disk Safe, you need to create a Policy assigned to this Disk Safe. You can schedule recurring Policies or create one-time Policies. The Policy starts at the time you have specified in the Policy properties. The Policy properties include information about how may Recovery Points to keep in the Disk Safe.
The Data Protection Policy can include:
- Scheduling - The process of creating a schedule is called scheduling. You can schedule the Policy to run at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Recovery point retention rules - The rules that define how many recovery points to keep in the Disk Safe. Old Recovery Points are merged.
- File/folder excludes - User-selected files and folders missed during replication. File mask (pattern) can be defined to exclude files.
- MySQL configuration
Every time a backup job is run, a Synchronization is performed. During the synchronization process a point-in-time snapshot of the Disk Volume is created and Deltas are computed based on the last completed synchronization. The Deltas are block level and are usually computed at a level below the file system, very close to the raw disk structure. These Deltas represent the low level changes made to the disk volume since the last recovery point.
Actions over Policy:
- Create / Schedule
- About File and Folder Excludes — The description of files/folders exclusion process.
- Accessing Policies — Instructions on how to access and use the "Policies" window in CDP.
- Customizing the Policies List — Instructions on how to hide and show columns, sort rows, manage items per page, filter the "Policies" list in CDP.
- Disabling Policies — Instructions on how to disable Data Protection Policies in CDP.
- Excluding Files and Folders — Instructions on how to exclude file(s)/folder(s) from the replication in CDP.
- Excluding Hyper-V Virtual Machines in CDP Policy — Instructions on how to exclude Hyper-V Virtual machines by excluding the VHD files in CDP Policy.
- Deleting Policies — Instructions on how to delete Data Protection Policies and their historical data in CDP.
- Running Policies — Instructions on how to manually run Data Protection Policies can be found in CDP.
- Creating Policies — Instructions on how to create a new Data Protection Policy and to define its options in CDP.
- Editing Policies — Instructions on how to change properties of Data Protection Policies in CDP.
- Troubleshooting Policies — Instructions on how to access the policies troubleshooting information.
|Page: Using Two Policies per Agent (Knowledge Base)|