Follow the instructions below to test the connection to the MySQL instance in the CDP Enterprise or Advanced Edition.
1. Click on "Policy" in the Main Menu to access the "Policies" page.
2. Find the necessary Policy in the "Policies" list and click on the "Edit" icon in the "Actions" column for this Policy.
To find a Policy, you can use the Basic and Advanced List Filters. See Customizing the Policies List.
3. The "Edit Policy" window will open. Select the "Databases" tab.
4. On the "Databases" tab, click the "Test Connection" icon in front of the MySQL instance you want to test.
Make sure that the correct database username and password are provided.
5. The "Test Database Connection" dialog will open. Click "Test Connection."
6. The results of the test will be displayed in a pop-up window. Click "OK."
If the connectivity test fails, you will see the following message: