After the first login to the Control Server via the Web Interface (Accessing the Control Server Web Interface), you should activate the Control Server by entering the Product Key.
1. The first screen displayed after your successful login will prompt you to change your default Password. Type your old Password (default password 'r1soft'). Create a new Password. Re-type the newly created Password. Click "Login".
2. The next screen will prompt you to accept the Righteous Backup License Agreement. Click on the "Review License Agreement" link.
3. Read the Righteous Backup License Agreement to the end and click "I Accept" if you agree.
4. The next screen will prompt you to configure the following IP address info:
- Server Allow IP - IP address of the current Host when connecting to Backup Agents.
- Cluster IP - IP address of the current Host when connecting to Cluster Nodes.
- Web Server Host Name - The Host Name you will use to access the Web Server via the browser. If you prefer, you can use the IP address instead of the Host Name.
If your server is multi-homed (has several network cards), enter the IP address of the network card that connects it to the network containing the Backup Agents.
You will be able to change these settings later via Options Server Settings. Read more in Windows Control Server - Server Settings.
After you have entered the values, click "OK".
The next screen offers you the following activation options:
- Online Activation
- Manual Activation
5. Select the "Online Activation" option and click on "Next".
6. The next screen will prompt you for the Product Key. Enter the Product Key you received from the R1Soft sales team into the "Product Key" text box.
6.1 The Product Key was sent to you via email. You can also find the Product Key in the customer area at the www.r1soft.com website. Click on the "Manage Licenses" menu item.
6.2 Enter your "User Name" and "Password" and click on "Login".
6.3 Select the appropriate license from the list and click on the "Open" link corresponding to the license.
If you have more than ten (10) licenses, the Product Keys list will be divided into several pages and you will need to select "Next" to find the necessary license.
You can also use the filter area to find the necessary license.
Select the required parameters and click "Update"
6.4 Copy the Product Key to the Clipboard by highlighting it with your mouse and pressing Ctrl+C.
6.5 Return to the CDP Server Web Interface. Enter the Product Key into the "Product Key" text box on the "License Activation" screen. You can enter an optional server description into the "Server Description" text box.
7. Click "OK". Your license is activated.
5. Select the "Manual Activation" option and click on "Next".
6. The next screen will prompt you for the Product Key. You have received the Product Key from the R1Soft sales team.
7. Enter the Product Key into the "Product Key" text box on the "License Activation" screen. You can enter an optional server description into the "Server Description" text box. Click "OK".
8. The following screen will instruct you how to do the manual activation.
9. Copy the key displayed in the text field to the Clipboard.
10. To continue the activation process, in another browser window (tab) navigate to the following URL: https://dist.r1soft.com/s/?action=AnonymousLoginAction
This step can be performed from the same computer you are currently using or any other computer with Internet access.
11. You will be prompted to paste the copied text into a form area (see below).
12. Paste the key from your clipboard, type the characters you see in the picture and click "OK".
13. Then the R1Soft licensing server will display the following information to you.
The download of the license has to start automatically. Save it as "righteous.key" on your computer.
14. The download of the license file can be done manually using the link "click here" on the screen above.
15. Switch back to the CDP Server screen. Clicking on the link "here" on the page with the steps for manual license activation.
16 The "Upload License Key" page opens.
Instead of uploading the file, you can copy the file to your config directory (/usr/r1soft/buserver/etc) and restart your CDP Server. Make sure the file is named "righteous.key."
17. Upload the "righteous.key" file you previously downloaded. Click on "Browse" to select the key file.
18. Click "Upload".
19. The license key file is now verified and your license is activated.