Before adding a Host to the System, you need to install the CDP Agent on the Host. For more information, refer to the Windows Agent Getting Started Guide or Linux Agent Getting Started Guide. Once you have the Agent installed, you will need to copy the CDP Server's Public Key to the Agent.
|New in Version 2.13|
CDP Server supports Agent license pooling. Agent License Pools allow customers to create or delete their own CDP Server license out of their pool through the web portal at https://dist.r1soft.com. Agent and add-on entitlements can be returned to the pool using the CDP Server user interface.
For the Linux Agent, refer to Activating the Linux Agent.
Follow the instructions below to copy the CDP Server's Public Key to the Windows Agent.
1. Run the Windows Agent Utility on the Host. You can access this utility via the Start Menu. Read more about the Agent Utility in the Windows Agent Utility Guide.
2. When you log in for the first time to the Utility, click on "Next" in the "Welcome" window and accept the license agreement.
3. The main window of the Windows Agent Utility will open.
4. Click on "Add Server Key" in the Main Menu or select "Keys" from the Main Menu and "Add Server Key" from the drop-down menu.
5. The Server configuration window will open. Enter the following information to inform the Utility how to contact the CDP Server you want to permit:
- Protocol - Select http or https by clicking the corresponding option.
When you access your CDP Server via a browser, it should start with either http:// or https://.
- Port - Enter the TCP port that the CDP Server's Web Interface is using.
The default port is 80 for http and 443 for https.
- Host - Enter the DNS Host Name or IP address that the CDP Server uses.
6. Click on "OK".
Once this information is entered, the CDP Server will be contacted to find its Public Key and the IP address that it will use for outbound connections.
7. If you have defined the appropriate CDP Server properties, you will be informed that the Server Key has been successfully added to the Agent database and that Backup requests from the Server will be allowed. Click on "OK".
After the Server Key is added, requests from the CDP Server should be accepted.
Read more details about Windows Agent activation in Adding the Server Key to Windows Agent.
Proceed to the next step: Windows CDP Server - Adding Hosts.