Follow the instructions below to create a Volume in your CDP Server System.
You can add a Volume after you have created the Storage. See Adding Storage Pools.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the CDP Server Web Interface and log in.
2. Click "Volumes" in the Main Menu to access the "Volumes" page.
3. Click "New Volume".
When a new Righteous CDP Server is installed, a default Volume is automatically created.
|New in Version 2.5|
The Volume List Filter allows you to find Volumes in the list by entering parameters.
4. Define the following settings for the new Volume:
Volume ID - A global unique ID assigned by the Backup System after the Volume is created.
- Volume Name - Enter a description for the Volume.
- Max Linux Hosts - The number of Linux Agent licenses or Hosts assigned to the Volume compared with the number allowed.
- Max Windows Hosts - The number of Windows Agent licenses or Hosts assigned to the Volume compared with the number allowed.
- Max CDP for MySQL Add-ons - The number of CDP for MySQL Add-ons Agent licenses or Hosts assigned to the Volume compared with the number allowed.
- Enable Control Panel Module - Select the check box to enable the control panel module.
- Schedule Frequency Allowed (New in Version 2.5) - Ability to define Backup schedules allowed for a specific Volume. You can select one (1) or several options: "Minutely," "Hourly," "Daily," "Weekly," or "Monthly."
- Max Archiving Add-ons (New in Version 2.9) - You can limit the maximum number of
used archiving add-ons.
- Storage Pool - The Storage Pool to assign this Volume to. The Storage Pool represents the underlying directory or directories where the actual Backup Data will be stored.
See Storage Pools.
- Use Quota - Select the check box for a Quota to be applied to this Volume as defined in the "Limit" field.
- Limit - The Quota in bytes. The Quota applies to all Hosts and Disk Safes assigned to the Volume.
5. Click "OK" to save.