By assigning Users to a Volume, you give them permission to use the resources of the Volume. If the User has permission to add Hosts, then the User will be able to add Hosts to a Volume he/she has been assigned to. The resources include Disk space (Quota) and the number of different Agent license types a User can add to the Volume.
You must be a Super User to assign Users to a Volume.
Create Users before assigning them to Volumes. Read more about Adding Users.
Follow the instructions below to assign Users to a Volume in your CDP Server System.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the CDP Server Web Interface and log in.
2. Click on "Volumes" in the Main Menu to access the "Volumes" page.
3. When the "Volumes" page has loaded, the list of all existing Volumes will be displayed. The properties are displayed in the table.
|New in Version 2.5|
The Volume List Filter allows you to find Volumes in the list by entering parameters.
4. Click on the "Open" link under "Actions" for the corresponding Volume in the list.
5. Click on "Users" in the "Volume" Menu.
6. On the "Volume Users" page, the following information will be displayed:
- Username - Enter the Username you want to administer the Volume.
- Search Results - The box that displays all Users or the found Users.
7. In the "Search Results" box, find the User which you want to administer the Volume.
If there are many Users, you can use the "Search" function. Type the Username or a part of the Username in the
"Username" text box and click on "Search".
To show all Users, search for the empty string.
If the list of eligible Users is short, the entire list will be displayed for you to select from. If this list is large, no Users will be displayed and you will be required to search for a User by "Username."
In the "Search Results" box, all Usernames which contain the entered string will be displayed.
Example: If you search for "ph," then search result can contain such names as "phil," "phillip," and "ralph."
8. Select the User which you want to administer the Volume by clicking on its name in the "Search Results" box.
You can hold down "Shift" to select several neighboring items and "Ctrl" to select any items from the box.
9. Click on "Add" to assign the selected User(s) to the Volume.
10. The selected User will be displayed on the right in the "Users Assigned To This Volume" box. This box lists all current assigned Users.