The "Download Files as Archive" feature allows you to save single or multiple files from a Recovery Point to your local computer. You need to specify compression type and file name.
Follow the instructions below to download files from a Disk Safe as an Archive to your local PC.
You should have the Archiving Module enabled. Read more in Enabling Archiving Add-On.
To archive the files, you should have Host Backups of these files. We assume that you have a backup up your Host. Read more in Creating Backups.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the CDP Server Web Interface and log in.
2. Click on the "Hosts" tab in the Main Menu to access the "Hosts" page.
The "Hosts" page typically loads automatically after you log in.
3. Select the Host by clicking on the appropriate Host Name link in the "Host Name" column. Or you can click on the corresponding "Open" link under "Actions".
|New in Version 2|
To find a Host, you can use the Host List Filter
4. Click on "Backup and Restore" (New in Version 2.5) in the "Host" Menu.
!backup-and-restore.png!5. On the following page, click on "Restore Files and Folders".
6. The Disk Safe Browser will be displayed. All of your Disk Safes will be listed on the right side of the page. Browse through your Disk Safe and choose the files that you want to archive. You can archive single files, multiple files, or an entire Recovery Point.
You can also click on "Browse" located in the Host menu to access this screen.
7. Select a Disk Safe from the file system tree on the left. Read more in Disk Safes.
8. Select a Device from the file system tree on the left. Read more in Devices.
9. Select a Recovery Point from the file system tree on the left.
10. Select (check) any combination of files and directories or a Recovery Point from the file system tree on the left.
11. When you have finished selecting the files and directories, select "Download Files as Archive" from the drop-down menu located in the top right corner.
12. Click on "Go".
13. The "Archive Options" page will load.
Define the following settings for the Archive to download:
- TAR - Short for "tape archive" - combines a group of files into a single file with a .tar extension. Optionally, can be compressed.
Archive Type Options:
- Use Compression
- ZIP - A popular data compression format. Files that have been compressed with the ZIP format are called ZIP files and usually end with a .ZIP extension. You can select a compression level from 0 to 9.
Archive Type Options:
- Compression Level (0 - 9)
- Archive Name - You can type a file name with a file extension.
You can not use archive filename syntax here.
14. Click on "OK".
15. Select to save or open the file.
16. If you have selected the "Save" option, you will see a standard Windows dialog. Select a destination folder, verify the file name, and click on "Save".
17. You will be notified when the download is complete.