The Web Server for Data Centers 2.16 installer is a typical Windows installer application. To install the Windows Web Server for Data Centers 2.16, perform the following steps:
1. Log on to the Windows server as a member of the local Administrator group.
2. Navigate to the directory where you saved the Web Server installation file. The installer will be named similar to the following:
For 32-bit system:
- File name - Web-Server-for-Data-Centers-win32-2.16.0.exe
- File size - 40.43 MB
For 64-bit system:
- File name - Web-Server-for-Data-Centers-win64-2.16.0.exe
- File size - 30.4 MB
R1Soft products follow this format for version numbers: MAJOR.MINOR.MAINTENANCE. Pre-release downloads ALWAYS have a version number that has an ODD MINOR number e.g. 2.15.0. Stable downloads ALWAYS have a version number with an EVEN MINOR number e.g. 2.16.0.
3. Execute the file. On the welcome screen, click "Next."
4. The next screen will display the "Righteous Software End User License Agreement." Read it to the end and then click "I Agree".
5. On the next screen choose the installation directory for the Web Server. Select the same directory where your CDP Server For Data Centers is located. Click "Next."
6. On the next screen you will be asked for the name of the folder in the Start Menu where the shortcut to the Web Server will be placed. You can leave the default name untouched, change the name, or instruct the installer not to create the Start Menu folder by selecting the check box beside "Do not create shortcuts." Click "Install".
7. The installation process will start.
8. The next screen will prompt you to select the User you want to run the Web Server. You can choose the default "System" User or select any User from your domain that has local administrative rights.
If you are storing the Backup data on a network drive, then select a Domain User.
Then you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
If you have not been prompted to reboot the computer, the upgrade is complete.
If you have been prompted to reboot the computer, the upgrade will be complete after the reboot.
Select when you want to reboot the computer:
- Reboot now
- I want to manually reboot later
You can only access the Web Server after you add the Web Server as a Cluster Node to your Control Server. Read more in Registering The Web Server as a Cluster Node.