The Server installer is a typical Windows installer application. To install the Windows CDP Server, perform the following steps:
1. Log on to the Windows server as a member of the local Administrators group.
2. Navigate to the directory where you saved the CDP Server installation file. The installer will be named similar to the following:
For 32-bit system:
- File name - CDP-Server-Stand-Alone-win32-2.16.0.exe
- File size - 40.43 MB
For 64-bit system:
- File name - CDP-Server-Stand-Alone-win64-2.16.0.exe
- File size - 30.4 MB
R1Soft products follow this format for version numbers: MAJOR.MINOR.MAINTENANCE. Pre-release downloads ALWAYS have a version number that has an ODD MINOR number e.g. 2.15.0. Stable downloads ALWAYS have a version number with an EVEN MINOR number e.g. 2.16.0.
3. Execute the file. On the welcome screen, click "Next."
4. The next screen will display the "Righteous Software End User License Agreement." Read it to the end and then click "I Agree" accordingly.
5. The next screen you will have you choose the installation directory for the server. It is safe to leave the default location untouched. However, you can install the server to the another directory, for example, if you do not have enough free space on disk C.
6. The next screen will ask you for the name of the folder in the Start Menu where the shortcut to the server will be placed. You can leave the default name untouched, change the name, or instruct the installer not to create the Start Menu folder by selecting the check box next to "Do not create shortcuts." Click "Install."
7. The installation process will start.
8. When the process is complete, the "User Setup" screen will load. You will be prompted to select the User you want to run the CDP Server as. By default, the "Local System account" is selected. It is safe to leave the default value untouched. The only exception is when you want to run the server on behalf of a Domain User that has local administrative rights. Make your selection and click "OK."
9. To finish the installation you will need to reboot the CDP Server. You can select either "Reboot now" to reboot the server immediately, or "I want to manually reboot later" to reboot the server later. Click "Finish."
10. After the CDP Server reboots, the installation is complete.
Proceed to the next step: Accessing the Windows Web Interface.