To download the Linux Agent software for installation on Linux with Custom Kernel, perform the following steps:
1. The software for the Linux Agent can be obtained via direct download from the Righteous Software website at http://download.r1soft.com.
2. Log in to the server by entering your login and password in the form on the right of the screen. Registration is required for all downloads.
Existing customers use their R1Soft Customer Portal Login. The forum and tech support help desk have different logins.
New customers can register and download the trial solutions on http://download.r1soft.com by clicking on the "Free Trial for Linux" or "Free Trial for Windows" link. New customers can request quote here: http://www.r1soft.com/index.php?id=360.
3. Locate the "CDP Agent" product group.
4. Click on the "Stable" link for the Linux Agent to download its stable release.
5. When the page has loaded, you will see a three-column "Generic Linux Agent Downloads" table containing the following information:
- Version - The version of the Linux Agent for your install.
- Date - The date the version was released.
- Download - The link for downloading the Linux Agent based on your specific operating system.
CDP Agents are available for the following Linux distributions:
- OpenVZ Linux / Virtuozzo
- RedHat Enterprise
- RedHat Legacy
- SwSoft / Virtuozzo
Read more in Linux Agent — Kernel Compatibility.
Each supported Linux distribution has a number of versions listed in a separate table. The most recent versions for each distribution are displayed at the top of the list. Find the table where your distribution is located.
There are many different installers of the Agent, each for its own distribution of Linux. It is recommended to download the Agent for your distribution if one exists. If you are using an unsupported distribution or have customized the Kernel of a supported distribution, you will need to run the Righteous Custom Kernel Installer (you will be asked to run it during the Agent installation).
6. On the "Stable Release Downloads" page, find the most recent version for your Linux distribution, it is located at the top of the distribution table.
R1Soft products follow this format for version numbers: MAJOR.MINOR.MAINTENANCE. Pre-release downloads ALWAYS have a version number that has an ODD MINOR number e.g. 1.63.0 Stable downloads ALWAYS have a version number with an EVEN MINOR number e.g. 1.64.0.
You can view the release notes here: http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/R1D/Release+Notes
7. To download, click on "Linux 32-bit (x86)" for 32-bit binary Hardware/O.S or on "Linux 64-bit (x86_64/AMD64)" link for 64-bit Hardware/OS.
If your Linux installation does not provide any x-windows interface, you can use the Linux wget command or a similar utility to download the necessary file.
Example for Fedora Linux Agent:
Below you can see the result of running this command.
8. Click on "Back" to return to the software list.
9. The following product should be downloaded:
The CDP Agent installer (equivalent to linux-agent-32-1.64.0-generic.run or linux-agent-64-1.64.0-generic.run)