CDP Server has two (2) license activations:
- Online - To do online activation, your CDP server must be able to connect to https://activation.r1soft.com on port 443.
- Manual (New in Version 2.13) - If you cannot connect to https://activation.r1soft.com on port 443, you can use manual activation to activate your license on any computer with access to the internet.
The Manual License Key Activation allows the CDP Server license to be activated by the end-user without needing a direct Internet connection from their CDP Server to the R1Soft license activation server. This is perfect for users whose CDP Servers are behind closed networks without Internet access, and still need a way to activate their license keys.
Only "perpetual" licenses can be activated manually (without Internet access). "Heartbeat" and "pooled" licenses must be activated using the Internet.
After the first log-in to the CDP Server via the Web Interface you should activate the server. Follow the instructions below.
1. The first screen will prompt you to accept the Righteous Backup License Agreement. Click on the "Review License Agreement" link.
2. Read the Righteous Backup License Agreement to the end, and click "I Accept".
3. On the next screen you will be asked to configure the IP address of the server used to connect to CDP Agents and the Host Name for the Web Server. If your server is multi-homed (has several network cards), enter the IP address of the network card connecting the server to the CDP Agent network. The Host Name for the Web Server is the Host Name you will use to access the Web Server via the browser. You can use the IP address instead of the Host Name. Enter the values and click "OK".
4. The next screen offers you the following activation options:
- Online Activation
- Manual Activation
5. Select the "Online Activation" option and click on "Next".
6. The next screen will prompt you for the Product Key. Enter the Product Key you received from the R1Soft sales team into the "Product Key" text box.
6.1 The Product Key was sent to you via email. You can also find the Product Key in the customer area at the r1soft.com website. Click on the "Manage Licenses" menu item.
6.2 Enter your "User Name" and "Password" and click on "Login".
6.3 Select the appropriate license from the list and click on the "Open" link corresponding to the license.
If you have more than ten (10) licenses, the Product Keys list will be divided into several pages and you will need to select "Next" to find the necessary license.
6.4 Copy the Product Key to the Clipboard by highlighting it with your mouse and pressing Ctrl+C.
6.5 Return to the CDP Server Web Interface. Enter the Product Key into the "Product Key" text box on the "License Activation" screen. You can enter an optional server description into the "Server Description" text box.
7. Click "OK".
8. Your license is activated. The CDP Server now redirects you to the Web Interface.
5. Select the "Manual Activation" option and click on "Next".
6. The next screen will prompt you for the Product Key. You have received the Product Key from the R1Soft sales team.
7. Enter the Product Key into the "Product Key" text box on the "License Activation" screen. You can enter an optional server description into the "Server Description" text box. Click "OK".
8. The following screen will instruct you how to do the manual activation.
9. Copy the key displayed in the text field to the Clipboard. You can do it by highlighting all of the text with your mouse, then pressing <CTRL> and <C> simultaneously. Alternatively, after selection, you can choose "Edit," then "Copy" from your web browser's menu bar or "Copy" from the right-click menu.
10. To continue the activation process, in another browser window (tab) navigate to the following URL:
This step can be performed from the same computer you are currently using or any other computer with Internet access.
11. You will be prompted to paste the copied text into a form area (see below).
12. Paste the key from your clipboard, type the characters you see in the picture and click "OK".
13. Then the R1Soft licensing server will display the following information to you.
14. The download of the license file must be started manually.
Download the file (righteous.key) to any location on your computer.
Wait until the download is complete.
15. Switch back to the CDP Server screen.You will see a form such as this:
Instead of uploading the file, you can copy the file to your config directory (/usr/r1soft/buserver/etc) and restart your CDP Server. Make sure the file is named "righteous.key."
16. Upload the "righteous.key" file you previously downloaded.
Click on "Browse". Then select the key file and click on "Open".
17. Click "Upload".
18. The license key file is now verified and your license is activated. The CDP Server redirects you to the Web Interface.