Follow the instructions below to create a scheduled Host Log Cleanup Task for a Host in your Windows Control Server.
|New in Version 2.5|
There is a System-wide setting to automatically create a scheduled Host Log Cleanup Task for newly created Hosts. This default setting can be defined by administrators in Options Server Settings Agent Settings Create Log Cleanup Task For New Hosts.
See Linux Control Server - Agent Settings.
You can find out if there is a scheduled Host Log Cleanup Task already created for your Host on the Host Scheduler page (see Linux Control Server - Accessing the Host Task History). You can also change the Task properties on the Host Scheduler page.
Read more in R1D:Windows Control Server - Editing Scheduled Tasks] and Linux Control Server - Disabling and Enabling Tasks.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the CDP Server Web Interface and log in.
2. Click on "Hosts" in the Main Menu to access the "Hosts" page.
The "Hosts" page typically loads automatically after you log in.
3. Select the Host by clicking on the appropriate Host Name link in the "Host Name" column. Or you can click on the corresponding "Open" link under "Actions".
|New Feature in Version 2|
To find a Host, you can use the Host List Filter.
4. On the Host properties page, click on "Clean Up Log Files".
5. Define the following Task properties:
Last Edited By - The User that last changed the settings for the Task.
- Enabled - Select the check box to enable the scheduled Backup Task.
- Description - Enter a name you can use to recognize this Task apart from other scheduled Backup Tasks.
- Recurrence - Select the Recurrence Type from the drop-down menu (Now, Minutely, Hourly, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly).
- Recurrence Settings
In our example, we used "Weekly." For "Weekly" Recurrence you need to define the following settings:
- Start Time - Specify the start time in hours and minutes by selecting the appropriate number from the drop-down menu.
- Sunday to Saturday - Specify the day(s) of the week by selecting the appropriate check box(es).
Log Cleanup Options:
- Delete logs older than: x days - Enter a number of days in the text box. The logs older than the entered number of days will be deleted.
New in Version 2.5
There is an option for the default number of Host Log Rotation Days, which can be defined by administrators in Options Server Settings Agent Settings Default time to retain logs (days).
6. Click on "OK" to save the scheduled Host Log Cleanup Task.