Follow the instructions below to create (schedule) a Backup in your Linux Control Server For Data Centers.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the Linux Control Server Web Interface and log in.
2. When the page has loaded, you should see the "Hosts" tab of the interface. If the "Hosts" page does not appear, click on the "Hosts" tab.
The "Hosts" page typically loads automatically after you log in.
3. Select the Host you want to Backup by clicking on the appropriate Host Name link in the "Host Name" column. Or you can click on the corresponding "Open" link under "Actions".
4. Click on "Backup and Restore" in the "Host" Menu.
5. Click on "Schedule Backup".
6. The "Schedule a new Backup task" page will load. Define the following settings specific to the new Backup Task:
- Save Task - Select the check box to save the Backup Task.
- Enabled - Select the check box to enable the Backup Task.
- Description - Enter a name you can use to distinguish this Task from other scheduled Backup Tasks.
- Recurrence - Define the schedule and frequency for the new Backup Task. If you want to run a Backup immediately, leave the default "Now" selected in the drop-down menu.
For more information, refer to Recurrence Types.
Backup Task Options:
- Only keep the last X recovery points - Select the check box to enable the Rotation Policy and define the Rotation Policy in the text box.
See Backup Rotation Policies for more information.
- Verify recovery point when finished - Select the check box to verify the Recovery Point upon completion of the Backup.
New in Version 2.x
The "Verify" option for Backup only verifies the last Recovery Point instead of all the Recovery Points.
- Devices Selected for Backup - Select the check box(es) beside the Devices you would like to Backup.
Read more in Devices.
7. Click on "OK" to save the Backup Task.