To download the Windows CDP Server software, perform the following steps:
1. The software for Windows CDP Server 2.16 can be obtained via direct download from the Righteous Software website at http://download.r1soft.com.
2. Log in to the server by entering your login and password in the form on the right of the screen. Registration is required for all downloads.
Existing customers use their R1Soft Customer Portal Login. The forum and tech support help desk have different logins.
New customers can register and download the trial solutions on http://download.r1soft.com by clicking on the "Free Trial for Linux" or "Free Trial for Windows" link. New customers can request quote here: http://www.r1soft.com/index.php?id=360.
3. Locate the "CDP Server" product group.
4. Click on the "Stable" link for the Windows product to download its stable release.
In some cases, the most recent versions can be found in the "Pre Release" section.
5. On the "Stable Release Downloads" page, select the most recent version. The version number is displayed in the "Version" column. The release date is displayed in the "Date" column. The most recent versions are displayed at the top of the list.
R1Soft products follow this format for version numbers: MAJOR.MINOR.MAINTENANCE. Pre-release downloads ALWAYS have a version number that has an ODD MINOR number e.g. 2.15.0. Stable downloads ALWAYS have a version number with an EVEN MINOR number e.g. 2.16.0.
You can view the release notes here: http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/R1D/Release+Notes
6. To download, click on the "Windows 32-bit (x86)" link for 32-bit binary Hardware/OS. Click on the "Windows 64-bit (x86_64/AMD64)" link for 64-bit binary Hardware/OS.
You can determine the edition of Windows you have installed by right-clicking on the "My Computer" icon and selecting "Properties" from the Menu.
Example: The 64-bit Windows installation is indicated by the digits "64."
Example: The 32-bit Windows installation does not display a "32."
7. Click on "Back" to return to the software list.
8. The following product should be downloaded:
For 32-bit system:
- File name - CDP-Server-Stand-Alone-win32-2.16.0.exe
- File size - 40.43 MB
For 64-bit system:
- File name - CDP-Server-Stand-Alone-win64-2.16.0.exe
- File size - 30.4 MB
Proceed to the next step: Windows CDP Server - Installation.