To download the Windows CDP Data Centers 2.16 software, perform the following steps:
1. The software for Windows CDP Data Centers 2.16 can be obtained via direct download from the Righteous Software website at http://download.r1soft.com.
2. Log in to the server by entering your login and password in the form on the right of the screen. Registration is required for all downloads.
Existing customers use their R1Soft Customer Portal Login. The forum and tech support help desk have different logins.
New customers can register and download the trial solutions on http://download.r1soft.com by clicking on the "Free Trial for Linux" or "Free Trial for Windows" link. New customers can request quote here: http://www.r1soft.com/index.php?id=360.
3. Locate the "CDP Data Centers (Windows)" product group.
4. Click on the "Stable" link for each particular product to download its stable release.
5. On the "Stable Release Downloads" page, select the most recent version. The version number is shown in the "Version" column. The release date is shown in the "Date" column. The most recent versions are displayed at the top of the list.
R1Soft products follow this format for version numbers: MAJOR.MINOR.MAINTENANCE. Pre-release downloads ALWAYS have a version number that has an ODD MINOR number e.g. 2.15.0. Stable downloads ALWAYS have a version number with an EVEN MINOR number e.g. 2.16.0.
You can view the release notes here: http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/R1D/Release+Notes
6. To download, click on the "Windows 32-bit (x86)" or "Windows 64-bit (x86_64/AMD64)" link depending on the version of Windows where the software will be installed.
You can determine the edition of Windows you have installed by right-clicking on the "My Computer" icon and selecting "Properties" from the Menu.
Example: The 64-bit Windows installation is indicated by the digits "64."
Example: The 32-bit Windows installation does not display a "32."
7. Click "Back" to return to the software list.
8. The following products should be downloaded:
- The Windows Control Server For Data Centers 2.16
- The Windows Web Server For Data Centers 2.16
- The Windows CDP Server For Data Centers 2.16
The Control Server can communicate with both the Linux-based and Windows-based CDP Servers. The current guide describes only the Windows-based products.