You can find the general description of files restore in About Files Restore.
Follow the instructions below to restore desired files/folders in your CDP Server System.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the CDP Server Web Interface and log in.
2. Click on "Hosts" in the Main Menu to access the "Hosts" page.
The "Hosts" page typically loads automatically after you log in.
3. Select the Host by clicking on the appropriate Host Name link in the "Host Name" column. Or you can click on the corresponding "Open" link under "Actions".
To find a Host, you can use the Host List Filter.
4. Click "Browse" to access the Disk Safe Browser. Read more in The Disk Safe Browser.
5. The Disk Safe Browser opens. All of your Disk Safes will be listed on the right side of the page.
6. Select a Disk Safe from the file system tree on the left. Read more in About Disk Safes.
After selection the system will show the message "Passphrase is required".
7. Type your passphrase in the corresponding field.
You can set a passphrase during disk safe creation. See more in Disk Safe Encryption.
8. Select a Device from the file system tree on the left.
Read more in Devices.
9. Select a Recovery Disk Image from the file system tree on the left to begin Restoring files.
10. Select any combination of files and directories from the file system tree on the left.
11. Select the files and directories to restore. A drop-down menu will be available in the top right corner, select the "Restore Files" item and click "Go".
11. The following settings are available for a task to restore your files:
- Save Task - Select this check box to save the Task in the Task Scheduler.
- Enabled - Select this check box to enable the File Restore.
- Description - Enter a name you can use to recognize this Task apart from other scheduled Tasks.
- Recurrence- Define the schedule and frequency for the new Restore Task (Now, Minutely, Hourly, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly). If you want to run a Restore immediately, leave "Now" as the default setting.
For more information on this topic, see Recurrence Types.
Restore Files Task Options:
- Overwrite Existing Files - When enabled, any existing files or directories with the same name will be overwritten even if they are newer.
- Encrypt file data over network- Encrypts all data in an encrypted tunnel over the network during the Restore. This option is enabled by default. Disabling this option can provide a small speed increase to File Restores.
- Restore to Alternate Location- Specify a path on the Host to Restore the files to. The complete path and directory structure of all selected files will be created under the path specified here. If the specified path does not exist, it will be created.
- Restore to Alternate Host - Select an Alternate Host to Restore the files to. Select the Host from the drop-down menu of another Host you have Admin rights on. Alternatively, you can enter the Host Name or IP Address of the Alternate Host. The Host must be running the Righteous CDP Agent and be configured to accept requests from the CDP Server.
If the Alternate Host is specified using the text field, the Host's CDP Agent of the Host must be in Disaster Recovery Mode.
- Selected Device
- Selected Disk Safe
- Selected Recovery Point
Select the necessary options and type in your passphrase.
This task requires a passprase and can only be scheduled to run "Now". The passphrase must be entered each time the task is run.
12. Click "OK" to save the Restore Files Task settings.