You can view the full release notes here: http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/R1D/Release+Notes.
New Features in Versions 2.9.0 - 2.16.x:
- Log all successfully restored files and folders.
- Restore Files task performance is improved while using compression.
- Disk Safe read performance is improved.
- Linux Agent IP Authentication setting default is changed to "no."
- File archiving feature: Filename templating syntax is added.
- File archiving feature: Support added for licensing the archiving feature as an add-on module.
- New SPAPI methods for manipulating MySQL instances are added.
- CDP Server for Data Centers: Tasks filter by CDP Server is added.
- Web UI Java VM is updated to 1.6 update 5.
- CDP Server for Data Centers: Read timeouts are added and TCP keepalive for client sockets is enabled.
- Support to network protocol is added to always send public key if Agent supports turning IP authentication off.
- Windows Agent 2.0 change tracking is supported by handling corrupt blocks differently.
CDP Server 2.12 breaks network protocol compatibility with earlier Linux
and Windows Agents. See the following article for more details:
CDP Server 2.12 Agent Compatibility Release Notes
New Features in Versions 2.5.x - 2.8:
- Server setting for enabling, disabling, and controlling logging threshold for NT event logging.
- New browse permission for Hosts.
- Ability to define Backup schedules allowed for a specific Volume.
- Super Users are allowed to cancel all running Tasks.
- Utility to compress CDP Server configuration and Task History database.
- Option for default number of log rotation days.
- User and Volume List Filters
- Ability to launch Quota check at the Host level.
- Ability to schedule Defragment Task for a Disk Safe.
- LDM Disk type is supported to hold windows LDM dynamic Volumes.
- API for adding, editing, and listing scheduled Backup Tasks.
- API for getting information on the last finished Backup Task for a Host.
- API for running Host Discovery and checking if Host Discovery is complete for Host.
- API for managing Disk Safes.
- Windows to Linux Bare-Metal Restore Wizard.
- Exclude page file and hibernation file for Windows Backups.
New Features in Versions 2.0 - 2.4.x:
- "Make File List" no longer exists. When you browse a Recovery Point it is read in real-time similar to a Recovery Point in a read-only hard Disk. The Seed is no longer the "Seed." Instead, the Seed is the first Recovery Point. You have the ability to delete the Seed point from the Disk Safe.
- The CDP Server write performance is no longer penalized when using Compression.
- Quota is now displayed in the Host List.
- Using a producer-consumer model, Backup and Restore Tasks are now multi-threaded. One (1) thread reads and writes from and to the network while another thread reads and writes from and to the Disk. The producer-consumer model keeps the network and Disk as busy as possible.
- The "Disk Safe Repair" feature repairs Disk Safes automatically if there is an unclean shutdown. The ability to repair a corrupt 1x Disk Safe will depend on the extent of the damage.
- The "Verify" option for Backup only verifies the last Recovery Point instead of all the Recovery Points.
- Disk Safes are now multi-threaded. File indexing (Make File List) for browsing while the Disk Safe is in use will no longer be needed.
- Disk Safe data file page heap is now stored in its own file. This feature fixes slow loading of large or highly fragmented Disk Safes.
- Host List Filter.
- Host Description field. The Host Description is used for control panel authentication.
- Agent Port and Timeout are now configurable.