Adding an Administrator to a Host involves the following two (2) steps:
- Adding an Admin to a Host
- Setting the Host Admin permissions
By default, a Host Admin is given Admin permissions.
Follow the instructions below to add a Host Administrator in your Windows Control Server For Data Centers.
You must have Admin privileges on a User to be able to add the User as an Admin to a Host.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the Windows Control Server Web Interface and log in.
2. Click on "Hosts" in the Main Menu to access the "Hosts" page.
The "Hosts" page typically loads after you log in to the system.
3. Select the Host by clicking on the appropriate Host Name link in the "Host Name" column. Or you can click on the corresponding "Open" link in the "Actions" column.
|New Feature in Version 2|
To find a Host, you can use the Host List Filter.
4. Click on "Administrators" in the "Host" Menu.
5. When the page has loaded, all current Host Administrators are displayed. Click on "Add Administrators".
6. When the page has loaded, select the User(s) to add from the "Search Results" box or by entering the Username(s) in the "Username" text box and clicking on "Search".
The "Add Administrators" page will display a list of Users that you can add. If the list of eligible Users is short, the entire list will be displayed for you to select from. If the list is large (likely if you are a Super User), no Users will be displayed and you will be required to search for a User by "Username."
7. Click on "Add" to the right of the "Search Results" box to add the selected User(s) to the "Administrators" box.
8. Click on "Done" to save.