Follow the instructions below to add a Volume in your Windows Control Server For Data Centers. Read general information in Windows Control Server - Volumes.
You can add a Volume after a Storage Pool has been created.
See Adding Storage Pools.
1. Open the Web browser connecting to the Windows Control Server Web Interface and log in.
2. Click on "Volumes" in the Main Menu.
3. When the "Volumes" page has loaded, click on "New Volume".
|New in Version 2.5|
The Volume List Filter allows you to find Volumes in the list by entering parameters.
4. When the "New Volume" page has loaded, define the following settings:
- Volume Name - Enter a description for the Volume.
- Schedule Frequency Allowed (New in Version 2.5)- Ability to define Backup schedules allowed for a specific Volume. You can select one (1) or several options: "Minutely," "Hourly," "Daily," "Weekly," or "Monthly."
- Max Linux Hosts - The number of Linux Agent licenses or Hosts assigned to the Volume compared with the number allowed.
- Max Windows Hosts - The number of Windows Agent licenses or Hosts assigned to the Volume compared with the number allowed.
Licensed Add-On Modules:
- Max CDP for MySQL Add-ons - The number of CDP for MySQL Add-ons Agent licenses or Hosts assigned to the Volume compared with the number allowed.
- Enable Control Panel Module - Select the check box to enable the control panel module.
- Max Archiving Add-ons (New in Version 2.9) - You can limit the maximum number of used Archiving add-ons.
- Storage Pool - Select the Storage Pool to assign this Volume to from the drop-down menu. The Storage Pool represents the underlying directory or directories where the actual Backup Data will be stored. See Storage Pools.
- Use Quota - Select the check box for a Quota to be applied to this Volume as defined in the "Limit" field.
- Limit - The Quota in bytes. The Quota applies to all Hosts and Disk Safes assigned to the Volume.
5. Click on "OK".
6. The Volumes list will display the newly created Volume.
7. After the Volume is created, you can do the following: