Server Backup Manager activation can be required in the following cases:
- After logging in to the Backup Manager. Choose the "Activate License Key" option on the "License Activation" window and click "Next." All further information is listed below, starting from step 2.
You can also choose the "Use 14-day Trial License" option. In this case, the Backup Manager functionality will be available to you for 14 days without limitations. Once the trial period ends, you will not be able to use the Backup Manager.
If the "Use 14-day Trial License" option has been selected, refer to this article on the ["Add a Server" Wizard].
- After the license expiration. In this case, follow the instructions below.
Follow the instructions below to activate Server Backup Manager.
1. Access license information (See View License Information). Check whether your license is expired. Click "Activate License."
If the license is expired, you will not be able to use the Backup Manager's functionality. If you try to start a Policy, an error will be displayed.
2. Click the "Next" button in the following window.
You can also click the "Purchase" button. In this case, you will be redirected to the R1Soft website.
3. You can choose the following activation options in the next window:
- Online activation - Online activation is automatic and requires the computer with the Backup Manager installed to connect directly to https://activation.r1soft.com:443.
- Manual activation - Manual activation requires you to paste a coded message into a website form, download the license key file, and then upload it to this Backup Manager installation.
Only perpetual licenses can be activated manually. Subscription and pooled licenses require Internet connectivity to https://activation.r1soft.com:443 for the product to operate.
Select an option and click "Next."
4. The next screen will prompt you for the Product Key. Enter the Product Key you received from the R1Soft sales team in the "Product Key" text box on the "License Activation" screen. You can enter an optional server description in the "Server Description" text box.
- Product Key - This is the 36-character product activation code and looks like "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx." It is best to copy and paste this code into the form. The Product Key field cannot be empty for online/manual activation.
- Server Description - The server description is any text string. It is recorded with the license only for your records and to help you identify this license activation if you have multiple licenses.
5. You will receive a confirmation of successful activation. Click "OK."
6. Your license is now activated. The Backup Manager redirects you to the Web Interface.