Detaching a Disk Safe deletes the Disk Safe configuration from Server Backup Manager. All configured tasks and historical task information is lost, but the Disk Safe and all backed up data remains on the disk and the Disk Safe folder is maintained.
You can detach only closed or disabled Disk Safes.
Use the following steps to detach a Disk Safe in Server Backup Manager.
1. In the Main menu, click Disk Safes.
2. Select a Disk Safe you want to detach, and then click the Close Selected button. The state indicator turns red, as shown in the following image.
3. SBM displays a warning message, as shown in the following image.
4. Click Close to close the warning window.
5. Click OK on the next window.
6. After closing, you can safely detach the Disk Safe. Click the Detach icon for the appropriate Disk Safe in the Actions column.
To find a Disk Safe, you can use the Basic and Advanced List Filters. For more information about customizing the Disk Safes list, see Customize the Disk Safes list.
You can detach several Disk Safes at once. For more information about detaching several Disk Safes at once, see Bulk Removal.
7. Confirm your request to detach the Disk Safe by clicking Detach in the displayed confirmation window.
8. SBM displays the following message.
9. SBM stops displaying the Disk Safe in the Disk Safes list.
Using the Bulk Removal, you can detach multiple Disk Safes at once.
1. Select several Disk Safes by checking the related checkboxes in the first column in the Disk Safes list.
2. Click "Close Selected". The state indicator will turn red.
3. The following message with warning will appear. Click the "Close" button.
4. Click the "OK" button on the next window appeared.
5. After the Disc Safes are closed, they can be safely detached. Click "Detach Selected" in the "Disk Safes" list toolbar.
6. Confirm detaching of the selected Disk Safes by clicking on "Detach" in the displayed confirmation window.
7. Click "OK" on the next window appeared. The Disk Safes will disappear from the "Disk Safes" list.
You can also detach Disk Safes using the "Disk Safes" tab of the Server "Details" Pane. This screen provides the same functionality as the main "Disk Safes" screen. See more information in Access servers.