Server Backup Manager generates reports automatically according to the schedule specified in the report properties. SBM then sends the report to the specified users, groups, or email addresses based on the settings.
You can manually run a report regardless of the schedule. Reports that include the on-demand option instead of the schedule do not run automatically.
To manually run a report:
- In the Main menu, click Reporting. Server Backup Manager displays the Reporting window.
- In the Reports list, find the report you want to run, and then click the Run Now icon in the Actions column, as shown in the following image.
SBM runs the report, and then displays a confirmation message when the report is complete.
- Click OK to close the confirmation dialog box. SBM emails you the report.
To better understand how the Reporting works, see the example below.
1. User has created a Report with "Filter by Task Type" set as "Data Protection Policy." See more in Schedule email reporting.
2. The user manually generates the Report after the Data Protection Policy has been run. See more in Run policies. As a result, the Report with data will be sent to the user's email.
3. User can preview the Report in the Backup Manager interface. See more in Preview reports.
The preview is generated.