1. Start a remote SSH session to the server where the Backup Agent is running and get root permissions (via su or sudo).
2. Use the following command to restart the Backup Agent:
To restart the Backup Agent:
1. Run the Windows Backup Manager Configuration Utility by clicking Start > (All) Programs > Idera Server Backup > Backup Manager Configuration Utility on the server where your Backup Agent is installed.
In Free and Advanced editions, the Backup Agent is built-in and automatically installed together with the Backup Manager on the same machine. If you are using the Free or Advanced editions, perform this task on the computer where your Backup Manager is installed.
2. Click Services > Restart Server Backup Agent. SBM displays a confirmation dialog box.
3. Click OK to confirm your request to restart the Backup Agent. Once the Backup Agent restarts, the utility displays a confirmation window.
4. Click OK to close this window.