|Linux Manager/Agent Build Version:||5.8.1 build 38|
|Windows Manager/Agent Build Version:||5.8.1 build 38|
|Recommended Module Version:||4.6.0 build 27|
A 64-bit operating system is required for the Backup Manager. See the Systems Requirements section for details.
|MySQL users planning an upgrade|
|Important Upgrade Considerations|
Server Backup Manager 5.8.1 only supports TLS. Please check compatibility with client libraries such as Perl's SOAPLite which may require updating.
Server Backup Manager 5.8.x only supports upgrades from versions 5.2.0 and later. If you are on a previous version of SBM, upgrade to version 5.2.0 before attempting to upgrade to version 5.8.x.
For Server Backup 5.2.0 and later, you must upgrade the components in the following order or your backups may fail:
When users who have environments with Debian (deb) packages upgrade the Data Center Console, the system displays a message similar to the following:
All DCC data is overwritten and lost if you respond by pressing "Y" or "I." The default action keeps your current version. This issue does not affect environments with RPM packages.
When upgrading Server Backup, R1Soft recommends that you select a window of time when no jobs are running. Set Server Backup Manager in maintenance mode and allow running tasks to complete before upgrading.
- SSL v3 POODLE — Resolves the poodle vulnerability in Server Backup Manager 5.8.0 and earlier releases. Since the fix was to convert to SSLv3 to TLS please check client libraries prior to upgrading.
- Information exposure vulnerability - Resolves an information exposure issue in Server Backup Manager 5.8.0 and earlier releases.
- Support for Flashcache — Resolves an issue with 5.8.0, which prevents successful backup on systems utilizing Flashcache and introduces support for Flashcache.
- Change tracking of Parallels Cloud Server ploop devices — Resolves an issue in Server Backup manager 5.8.0 and earlier where change tracking could be lost for ploop devices with 64-bit major/minor device numbers.
- Backups failing for openVZ cPanel and DirectAdmin instances — Server Backup Manager 5.8.1 now allows override of the VZ paths so that backups will work properly.
- Cannot delete user - Resolves an issue with 5.8.0 which prevents deletion of users with reports.
- Scheduled Task Reports fail to execute - Resolves an issue with Server Backup Manager which prevents scheduled task reports from executing after upgrade to 5.8.0.
- Ext4 file restore - Resolves an issue with Server Backup Manager 5.8.0 and earlier that could prevent file restores for ext4 file systems in some cases.
- The merge task may fail when you attempt to merge a recovery point that was interrupted due to CLOB/BLOB issues. If the merge fails due to this issue, merge the points one by one. After the merge fails, merge each recovery point one by one until the task is successful.
- Users who have Debian installations should note that a Debian-based machine that has both RPM and DEB packages installed is recognized as RPM-based only by Server Backup Manager.
- Users cannot set heap memory more than 1024 MB using serverbackup-setup -m. Even if there is more than enough space, Server Backup Manager displays a message indicating that memory specified must be smaller than 1024 MB. Edit server.conf to update memory settings.
- Some users are unable to create backup reports and receive the message, "Unknown exception:java.lang.NullPointerException." A workaround is to add a FROM: address to the Set Report Options.
- When Server Backup Manager is in maintenance mode, the policies can still be driven by DCC.
- Server Backup displays an incorrect error message, during agent deployment, when there is not enough space available in /tmp. The current message, “Path not found /tmp,” is not correct. The message should read, “Not enough usable space in <tempdir> on host <hostname>.”
- Some users may experience an unknown exception error when adding a server and attempting to display disk information. This issue results when Server Backup runs as a local system account which does not have rights to read the disk. You can resolve this issue by changing the process to run as an administrator.
- Users who have more than 1,500 mount points per device may experience performance issues during a file restore or when attempting to browse recovery and archive points.
- When using the API you must designate the type of user on the "user=" line, as either--user=dcc/someuser
Otherwise, the user defaults to local users.
- If your Windows environment contains an MSSQL or Exchange database on two different partitions, you should enable multi-volume snapshot (MVS) in the policy settings.
- Server Backup 5.2.x and later do not support remote deployment to a Windows 2003 server because installing drivers requires user interaction.
- Users who attempt to install Server Backup Manager on a Microsoft Windows 2003 operating system must note that .NET 2.x or 3.5 is required. .NET 4.0 does not satisfy this requirement. When installing SBM on Windows 2003, the installer fails if the proper .NET version is not installed. Note that the installer does not prompt you to install the correct .NET version before failing.
- The temporary (.tmp) folder is not deleted after completing a silent install of Server Backup Manager or Backup Agent using the default values. The folder is empty, but still exists on the server.
- Users who use Centos LiveCD on any bare-metal restores that have LVM may receive error messages that they failed to restore deltas to a certain device number. This issue results from the fact that because the Centos LiveCD uses its own LVM to manage its file systems, dm-0 and dm-1 are always in use. To avoid this issue, choose a target that is two LVM devices higher than the original. For example, if /tmp is originally on /dev/dm-1, you should choose /dev/dm-3 as your target.
- RecoveryCD versions 4.2.0 and 5.0.0 do not work when performing a bare-metal restore to a target that includes mdadm and LVM devices.
- Some users may receive an exception error message when attempting to exclude a large group of files in a directory when performing a restore.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 users cannot restore a mailbox database to an alternate location.
- Some users may experience Java heap space out-of-memory error messages when attempting to restore a database with large LongBlob or LongText types.
- Disk safe verification verifies only those recovery points with an available status. DSV does not verify recovery points with a locked or incomplete status.
- The Data Center Console does not automatically restart after a new Windows installation.
- The Data Center Console displays incorrect values in the Compression Type section of the Edit Disk Safe window after editing the values.
- Internet Explorer users who enable the Compatibility view may notice graphical display issues when attempting to view some Data Center Console pages, such as the Disk Usage, Volumes, and Policies pages. This issue does not occur in other Web browsers.
- Not all files are downloaded for a container on Virtuozzo and system displays the error message, ERROR - Failed to download file, in the log file.
- Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 users may notice that Virtuozzo virtual machines are not detected as devices in the Disk Safe wizard. The VMs are backed up. If you need granular file restore for a VM, you can back up the PCS VM by installing a Server Backup Agent in the VM guest operating system
- Virtuozzo users may notice that when some containers are downloaded, the compressed file does not contain the first and last container listed in the recovery points.
Server Backup Manager 5.8.x does not include an updated bare-metal restore boot CD as this feature is not changed since version 5.4.1.
There are no changes to Server Backup Advanced, Server Backup Free, and Server Backup Standard Edition, and therefore no Server Backup 5.8.x upgrades are available at this time. These non-Enterprise products are still fully supported as Server Backup 5.2.x and no upgrade is required. In order to receive *future* upgrades for these non-Enterprise products, please replace the repository upgrade path(s) stored in your R1Soft repository source list with the following URLs:
- Apt Non-Enterprise: http://repo.r1soft.com/apt-non-enterprise
- Yum Non-Enterprise: http://repo.r1soft.com/yum-non-enterprise/stable/
To receive the Server Backup 5.8.x upgrade, please replace the repository upgrade path(s) stored in your R1Soft repository source list with the following URLs: