Server Backup Manager includes API (Application Programmer Interface) options. Developers use API to integrate SBM into their existing billing or provisioning system.
The Server Backup Manager API uses SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), which is the industry-standard for integrating Web services applications.
SOAP messages use the language chosen by the authenticated user. If no language is chosen, or the chosen language is not installed, then the messages use SBM's default language. If there are problems with the default language, English is used as the default language for SOAP messages.
You can use soapUI to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests. soapUI is a free, open-source, cross-platform functional testing solution. In a single test environment, soapUI provides complete test coverage and supports all standard protocols and technologies. You can download soapUI 4.5 open-source here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/soapui/files/. Read more: http://www.soapui.org.
You can access the API Reference Documentation in <Backup_Manager_URL>/apidoc. The documentation describes classes, structs, unions, and interfaces. See details in Access API documentation.
The Backup Manager installation includes:
- PHP scripts
- soapUI scripts
You can find PHP sample scripts for API calls for the following customer types:
- Admin Only - All users logging into the Backup Manager are administrators (super-users).
- Multi-Tenant with groups - Group-based administration (not recommended for service providers).
- Multi-Tenant - User-based administration.
- Tiered Reselling - User-based administration (customers can create their own users).
You can access scripts in /usr/sbin/r1soft/apisamples. Read more in Access example API functions.
In addition to PHP scripts, R1Soft supplies XML scripts for soapUI.
The current soapUI script works only for Server Backup Manager installed on Windows. See Running soapUI Script on Linux.
- Access API documentation — Instructions on how to access the Server Backup Manager API documentation.
- Access example API functions — Instructions on how to access the Server Backup Manager example API functions.
- View Server Backup Manager API use cases — Offers a number of use cases to help guide you through the functionality available through the API.
- Available Server Backup API functions — Provides the available API options grouped by type.