You may be informed by email when a new version of R1Soft software is released. New versions are improved by bug fixes and new/reworked functionality. All enhancements made to the product are documented in the release notes. Release notes usually contain a brief summary of recent changes, enhancements, and bug fixes in a particular software release.
You can view the release notes here: Release Notes
First, obtain the latest version of the CDP Standard Edition installer (3.18.2). Then access the computer where the current version is installed. (You must already have a PC running Windows CDP 3.18.1 Standard Edition or an earlier version.)
R1Soft products follow this format for version numbers: MAJOR.MINOR.MAINTENANCE. Pre-release downloads ALWAYS have a version number that has an ODD MINOR number, e.g., 3..5. Stable downloads ALWAYS have a version number with an EVEN MINOR number, e.g., 3..1.
While upgrading, the following information may be useful:
To upgrade the Windows CDP Standard Edition to version 3.18.2, perform the following steps:
1. Log on to the Windows server as a member of the local Administrators group.
2. Navigate to the directory where you saved the CDP Server installation file. The installer will be named something similar to the following:
For a 32-bit system:
For a 64-bit system:
3. Extract the file from the archive. Execute the file.
4. In the Welcome window, select a destination folder and click "Install."
5. Wait while the files are extracted.
6. Click "Install" in the opened window.
7. Click "Install Standard Edition."
8. The R1Soft CDP Standard Edition Installer will open. Make sure all other applications are closed and click "Next."
9. You must agree to the following license agreement. Read it till the end and click "Next" to accept.
10. The installer will check your system for possible problems. It is strongly recommended that all tests have a "Pass" status. You can repeat the tests by clicking the "Test" button. Click "Next" to go to the next screen.
You can find the full list of requirements here: http://www.r1soft.com/windows-cdp/cdp-standard-edition/requirements/.
If one or several requirements are not met, then an explanation will be displayed in the "Message" column. If this happens, further installation is not recommended on this configuration.
There are three possible values for the "Status" column: "Pass," "Not Recommended," and "Fail."
If possible, correct the configuration and click "Test."
11. On the next screen, verify that there is free space on the drive where the CDP Server is installed. During the upgrade, you cannot change the installation directory for the server. Click "Next" to continue.
12. The configuration is complete. Click "Next" to start the upgrade process.
13. The upgrade process will start.
14. To finish the upgrade, you need to reboot your PC.
On upgrade, Task History for completed tasks will be purged. This change fixes several memory issues with the server.
A Full Block Scan will be initiated after an Agent upgrade due to a restart of the Agent service/daemon. This ensures replicas are consistent even after a server crash or reboot. For more information or to better understand backup types, see Benefits of CDP.