CDP 3.18.1 Release Notes
CDP 3.18.1 (Stable) Release Notes
This release includes 4 product editions: CDP Standard Edition, CDP Advanced Edition, CDP Enterprise Edition, and Data Center Console.
| Release Date:
| Server/Agent Build Version:
| Module Version:
ISSUES RESOLVED IN THIS RELEASE
CDP Task Hanging
This release corrects an issue in 3.18.0 where all tasks on the CDP Server would lock and/or the CDP Server UI became completely unresponsive. This issue is typically triggered by larger scale CDP Servers where all or most Disk Safes are in a single volume. Due to the severity of this issue and our commitment to quality as a precaution 3.18.0 was made unavailable for 3 days while we isolated the problem and made corrections. This issue is very difficult to reproduce, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Support of Localized Character Sets
This release corrects an issue where invalid values were returned when using localized character sets.
Access to Non Supported Features in Advance Edition
This release corrects an issue where users were able to access non-supported features via URL in Advanced Edition.
Install Detects CDP 2.x and Blocks Agent Installation
This release corrects an issue where the CDP 3.18 (and earlier) installation package would erroneously detect a CDP 2.x Agent causing an interrupted installation of CDP 3.x agent.
Error Restoring DB Recovery Points on Different Pages
This release corrects an exception error during attempts to restore database recovery points located on different pages of the Recovery Point tab.
API Create Disk
This release corrects a path issue with Disk Safes on Volume and Quota types failing when using None.
IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES/REMINDER(S)
VSS Filter Driver for Windows Agent Requires Reboot:
- The 3.18.0 release contained an updated driver to support new features and/or fixes. If you are upgrading from an earlier release or new installation of 3.18.1 a reboot is required for proper operation of the Windows agent. This is not a forced reboot as the user has to approve the reboot by selecting Yes or No during the install process.
Full Block Scans Required on Agent Upgrade:
- A Full Block Scan will be initiated after an agent upgrade due to a restart of the agent service/daemon. This ensures replicas are consistent even after a server crash or reboot. For more information or to better understand backup types see Benefits of CDP.
Upgrading Windows Agent from 2.x to 3.14 or later:
- Customers upgrading Windows agents from 2.x to 3.14 or later no longer require a manual uninstall of the 2.x windows agent. Users running the 3.14 installer will be prompted during installation to remove the 2.x agent (if detected). The installer will remove all 2.x binaries and require a reboot and re-run of the 3.14 installer to complete the installation process.
Archiving Schedules Upgrading from CDP 3.10:
- Customers upgrading from version 3.10 with Archiving Limits set prior to upgrade will need to reset archive limits post upgrade. This can be easily accomplished using the bulk edit feature which can be accessed via the Policy tab.
Customers Upgrading with Customized Heap Settings:
- The upgrade will change the java heap size to 50% of physical memory if the server.conf file has been customized with a higher value. Reserving more than 50% of a system's memory for the Java Heap can result in situations where not enough memory is available for non-heap memory to the CDP server, or for other applications running on the system.
Upgrading customers (3.10 or earlier) may experience a delay when starting the WebUI:
- Please be patient as important updates are in progress. The log file will display "CDP Started" when all database updates are complete.
Windows customers can watch their logs using Wordpad but will need to close and reopen the log file to see progress (example default path for Enterprise Install on Windows: C:\Program Files\R1Soft CDP Server Enterprise\log\server.log).
Linux customers can watch their server log file using the following command: tail --f /usr/sbin/r1soft/log/server.log
Windows Restoring to Alternate Locations at Drive Level
In Windows, when restoring to an alternate location at the drive level (e.g. C:\ to G) you must drill down one level, select ALL, then restore to the alternate location.
Virtuozzo Control Panel User File Restore
The new feature of self-service direct file restore to original location for control panel end-users is not currently available on control panels located inside Virtuozzo containers. The methods of restoring to zip/tar into the container Control Panel Restore and direct download via the web interface are still available.
BMR of Encrypted Disk Safe
There is an issue when performing a BMR to "Original Host" using an encrypted disk safe due to a missing encryption key. The work around to a successful BMR of an encrypted disk safe is to use the "Alternate Host" option and IP address of the original host.
What To Do If You Find An Issue in This Release
- Log on to the support portal http://support.r1soft.com.
- Create a new issue. Enter CDP 3 for the version.
You can access CDP 3 documentation here: http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/CDP3/.