The purpose of this manual is to provide you with complete instructions on how to use the Database Add-on Module.
Having the Database Add-on Module allows the agent to protect any number or combination of database instances (MySQL, SQL Server, MS Exchange). The R1Soft Database Add-on Module integrates Continuous Data Protection® with an online hot backup (snapshot) of databases to provide fast, efficient, and safe backups. The R1Soft Database Add-on Module ensures that tables be locked and flushed before a backup operation can take place. Database Add-on Module coordinates with the point-in-time file system snapshot.
The Database Add-on Module requires you to specify a database account with administrative privileges that is used by the Agent to flush tables with read lock before the file system snapshot is taken. And the lock must be held until the snapshot completes.
If you use CDP to backup MySQL and do not use the R1Soft Database Add-on Module, then the table lock and flush operation will not take place and your MySQL backup may likely be corrupt.
- SQL Server 2005 all editions
- SQL Server 2008 all editions
- SQL Express
- SQL Server 2012 TBD
- Percona Server
- MS Exchange 2007
- MS Exchange 2010
- MSDE (SQL Server 2000 version of SQL Express) or Anything Prior to 2005
- Object (e.g. table) level restore
- Support Active/Active SQL Server Clusters
- Log Shipping
- Backup of a selection of individual databases (the feature will be added in the future)
- MS Exchange 2003
Do the following to backup your database:
- Add an Agent to the system and enable the Databases Add-on for the Agent. See Enabling Databases Add-On for Agent.
- Upload Java connector (only for MySQL). See Installing the MySQL Connector JDBC into CDP3 Server.
- Create a Policy for the Agent. On the "MySQL," "SQL" and "Exchange" tabs, add your database instance(s) and specify other settings. See Adding a MySQL Instance to a Policy, Configuring MS SQL Server Replication, Configuring an Exchange Instance.
- Run the created Policy.
In CDP, end-user level databases backup is not supported. Only super-users can fulfill databases backup. Sub-users are limited by agent user permission.
The following steps should be taken to restore your database:
- Restoring a MySQL Database
- Restoring MS SQL Server
- [Restoring a MS Exchange 2010 Database To Alternate Location]
- [Restoring a MS Exchange 2007 Storage Group To Alternate Location]