You can work with Agents using the "Agents" screen in your CDP Enterprise Edition. Follow the instructions below to access the "Agents" screen. Read the "Agents" screen description.
Click on "Agents" in the Main Menu to open the "Agents" screen.
You can open the "Agents" screen by manually appending the /Agent/ folder to the CDP Server address in the browser address bar. Example: http://10.61.200.31/DiskSafe/
The "Agents" screen is divided into the following areas:
- Agents Menu - Provides access to the actions which relate to the managing Agents and customizing the "Agents" list.
- Agents List - The Agents added to the system are displayed in this area.
- Details Pane - After you select an item in the list, its details are displayed in this area.
The following "Agent" menu buttons are available:
- Create New Agent - Allows you to add a new Agent to the system. After clicking on this button, you will be able to define the new Agent properties. See Adding the Agent to the CDP Server.
- Basic List Filter - Allows you to customize the view of the "Agents" list. You will be able to apply the minimum range (most commonly used) of filter criteria. See Customizing the Agents List.
- Advanced List Filter - Allows you to customize the view of the "Agents" list. You will be able to apply all possible filter criteria. See Customizing the Agents List
- Show All - Visible only when a filter is applied. Cancels filter settings and shows all records in the "Agents" list. See Customizing the Agents List.
The "Agents" list provides information about Agents in grid format.
You are able to organize information, such as filtering out the items you do not need to see. You can also sort items, limit the number of items displayed per page, and specify which columns you want to display. See Customizing the Agents List.
To find out the column heading, hover the mouse pointer over the column heading, without clicking on it. A yellow tooltip with the title will be displayed.
- Checkbox - Allows you to select an Agent in the list. By clicking on the heading checkbox, you select all Agents in the list.
- Name - Agent description is displayed in this column,
- Host Name/IP - Host Name or IP address of the Agent.
- Port Number - A Port to connect to the Agent.
- OS Type - An icon indicating operation system (Windows or Linux) is displayed in this column.
- Add-Ons - Icons indicating installed add-ons are displayed in this column. For example, Databases Add-On icon.
- Edit - Allows you to access the Agents properties window in order to change properties. See Changing Agents.
- Test Agent Connection - Allows you to check connection between server and agent. See Testing Agent Connection.
- Delete - Allows you to permanently remove the Agent from the system. See Deleting Agents.
The buttons allow work with one or several items selected in the "Agents" list.
- Bulk Edit - Allows you to edit the properties of several selected Agents at once. The items can be selected by checking the appropriate checkboxes. See Changing Agents.
- Delete Selected - Once one or several closed Agents are checked in the list, this button allows you to remove the selected Agents from the system. See Deleting Agents.
The Pages Navigation pane is similar for all lists. It allows you to divide the Agents list into pages by specifying the desired number of items per page. The Pages Navigation pane provides buttons to navigate from one page to another.
- Arrows - Turns over pages.
- First - Opens the first page.
- Previous - Opens the previous page.
- Next - Opens the next page.
- Last - Opens the last page.
- Page Number - Field for typing in the page number. Press <Enter> to go to the required page. The total number of the existing pages is shown in the pane.
- Items Per Page - Used to define how many items to display per page in the "Agents" list. The system remembers your settings. Unless you change these settings, you will see 10 items per page. If you want to see more or less items per page, you can change the number and press <Enter>. The maximum number of items per page is 25.
This pane provides detailed information about the objects associated with the Agent selected in the list. The following tabs are available:
- Disk Safes
Most of the presented data is the same as the data shown in the "Agents" list columns.
You can collapse/expand the details of a block by clicking on the header of the corresponding block.
- Host Name/IP
- Port Number
- OS Version
- Driver Version
- Disk Safes
Disk Safes Tab
The "Disk Safes" tab is a list of Disk Safes associated with the selected Agent. This screen provides the same functionality as the main "Disk Safes" screen including adding a new Disk Safe. See the detailed description in Accessing Disk Safes.
The "Policies" tab is a list of Policies associated with the selected Agent. This screen provides the same functionality as the main "Policies" screen including policy creating. See the detailed description in Accessing Policies.
The "Groups" tab is a list of Groups associated with the selected Agent. See the detailed description in Accessing Groups.
The "Users" tab is a list of Users associated with the selected Agent. See the detailed description in Accessing Users.