There are three ways for you to restore or access Control Panel users files:
- Restore selected files to their original location. See Restoring Your Control Panel Account.
- Download files to local computer and upload files via FTP to web site (control panel home).
- Send a TAR or ZIP containing selected or all files to control panel home directory. See Sending Control Panel Account Backup to Control Panel Home.
This topic describes the second option. Follow the instructions below to download Control Panel Users' data as archive.
The instructions are for CDP administrators.
1. Click on "Recovery Points" in the Main Menu to open the "Recovery Points" window.
|Advanced Edition||Enterprise Edition|
2. Make sure that the "Recovery Points" tab is selected.
3. Enterprise Edition: In the "Recovery Points" list, select an Agent from the drop-down menu located on the "Recovery Points" list toolbar.
4. Select a Disk Safe from the drop-down menu located on the "Recovery Points" list toolbar.
5. Click on the "Control Panel Users" icon of a Recovery Point.
6. A "Control Panel Users" window appears. Select a Control Panel Instance from the drop-down menu. The list will be shown.
If you have created only one Control Panel Instance, when you open the window you will immediately see all the previously created users.
You can filter the listed items by State using the "Verified" and "Not Found" checkboxes located on the toolbar.
7. Find the necessary User in the "Control Panel Users" list and click on the "Save" icon in the "Actions" column to download your Control Panel Users' data as an archive file.
You can also use the "Download as Archive" function. See Bulk Downloading below.
8. The "Download stored files" wizard will appear. Familiarize yourself with the introductory information and click "Next" to proceed with generating the archive for downloading.
9. On the following "File Type" screen, select the type of the future file. The next options are available:
- Download files as a tar archive - Allows you to archive and download control panel users' data as a tar file. More preferentially for Control Panels hosted on Linux servers.
- Compress tar archive with gzip - Allows you to compress tar archive with gzip compression.
- Download files as a zip archive - Allows you to archive and download control panel users' data as a zip file. More preferentially for Control Panels hosted on Windows servers.
10. On the next "Download Filename" screen, define a filename. The following options are available:
- Use Generated Filename - Allows you to generate Archive Filename automatically consisting of User's username, Control Panel type, and date the Recovery Point was created on.
- Specify Filename - Allows you to define your custom Archive Filename.
You do not need to specify the extension of the file. It will be appended automatically.
11. On the last "Summary" screen, the settings you have selected are listed.
12. Once you have verified that the specified settings are correct, click "Download" to generate the archive file.
You can download the data of multiple Users at once. A single file will include the data of the selected users. Follow the instructions below.
1. Select several Users by selecting the checkboxes in the first column in the "Control Panel Users" list.
2. Click on "Download as Archive" located in the "Control Panel Users" list toolbar.
3. The "Archive Control Panel User Data" window will appear. The following steps are the same as for downloading archive for an individual user (see above).