To set up a MySQL database on a Parallels Virtuozzo Containers (PVC) container, you will need to specify the following:
- Host - "Use Alternate Host Name/IP" must be checked with the host name/IP address and port details added.
- Authentication - Username and password for the MySQL Instance.
- Options - "Specify a Virtuozzo Container ID" must be checked and the container ID added below.
Follow the instructions below to add a MySQL Instance to a PVC container on your Server Backup Enterprise or Advanced Policy.
You can also find a detailed description of the "Add New MySQL Instance" wizard in Adding a MySQL Instance to a Policy.
1. Select the "MySQL" tab in the Policy window. You can do this while creating a new Policy as shown below.
You can also select the "MySQL" tab in the "Edit Policy" window after the Policy has been saved, and even while it is running. See Edit policies.
2. On the "MySQL" tab of the Policy window, click on the "Add New MySQL Instance" button.
3. The "Add Database Instance" wizard window will appear. Familiarize yourself with the introductory information, and click "Next" to proceed with adding the Instance.
If you see the following error message, then the database driver is not installed on your Server.
See Install MySQL Connector JDBC into Server Backup for detailed instructions on how to install the driver.
4. On the following "Name" screen, define the name for your database, and enable the database Instance. The name will be displayed in the Policy's "MySQL" tab.
5. The next wizard screen is "Host." Here you can enter the information about the host to connect to.
Add the IP address of the MySQL PVC container.
6. On the "Authentication" screen, specify the authentication credentials to connect to the database Instance.
- Confirm Password
7. On the "Data Directory" screen, define the path of the data directory. In order to properly restore the MySQL container, add the path of the MySQL container. In our case, it is /var/lib/mysql.
Do not provide the full path of the Hardware Node.
8. On the following screen, specify a base directory (if it differs from the standard directory) to use if the automatic method fails.
9. On the "Options" screen, supply the "Virtuozzo Container ID."
10. On the last "Summary" screen, the settings you have selected are displayed.
Once you have verified that the specified settings are correct, click "Add" to add your MySQL Instance to the Policy.
11. The wizard screen closes, and the added MySQL Instance appears on the "MySQL" tab of the Policy window. Instance options are displayed in the appropriate columns.
13. Save the Policy.