|Linux Manager/Agent Build Version:||5.6.1 build 17|
|Windows Manager/Agent Build Version:||5.6.1 build 17|
|Recommended Module Version:||4.6.0 build 15|
|Important Upgrade Considerations|
Server Backup Manager 5.6.x only supports upgrades from versions 5.2.0 and later. If you are on a previous version of SBM, upgrade to version 5.2.0 before attempting to upgrade to version 5.6.x.
For Server Backup 5.2.0 and later, you must upgrade the components in the following order or your backups may fail:
When users who have environments with Debian (deb) packages upgrade the Data Center Console, the system displays a message similar to the following:
All DCC data is overwritten and lost if you respond by pressing "Y" or "I." The default action keeps your current version. This issue does not affect environments with RPM packages.
When upgrading Server Backup, Idera recommends that you select a window of time when no jobs are running.
If your Windows environment contains an MSSQL or Exchange database on two different partitions, you should enable multi-volume snapshot (MVS) in the policy settings.
|Initial merge speed|
Initial merges after an upgrade may be slow. The issue is due to calculations and identification of what items need merging. Once the calculations complete, the actual merge process is relatively quick. We are aware of this issue and we are working toward a resolution.
|Upgrading Backup Agent on Linux|
Server Backup Manager may require additional manual steps when upgrading the Backup Agent on Linux. For more information about this process, see:
There are no new features in this release.
- Improved the speed of initial seed backups by performing fast inserts.
- Server Backup Manager now includes the API method getFileRestoreStatistics. This method returns details of a file restore task including the total files to be restored, the total count of successful restores, and the total count of failed restores. For more information about this API method, see getFileRestoreStatistics.
- Create and update a disk safe replica via the Server Backup Manager. Allows the creation of a new disk safe from any recovery point, and scheduling of disk safe replica updates as archive points.
- cPanel Users can restore their MySQL Databases.
- Server logs contain user account information for all logged user actions from the user interface or from API calls.
- You can also configure your logs to go to a syslog log host.
- Server Backup Manager can now be put into maintenance mode, where running tasks will complete and no new tasks will start. For more information about enabling maintenance mode, see Configure Manager Options.
- You now can redirect all requests to https for security. Click Configuration > Web Server Options, and then check the SSL Redirect checkbox and redirect all requests to https. Note that you must manually restart the CDPServer to complete the process. For more information about setting the redirect, see Configure Web Server Options.
- serverbackup-setup now supports http proxy servers for linux module updates.
- Users who had trouble upgrading to Server Backup Manager 5.6.0 no longer experience an issue preventing the server from restarting after the upgrade. This issue could cause the class path of the server.conf file to be incorrectly updated. Users affected by this issue received the following error message:
Error in WrapperListener.start callback. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/h2/Driver.
- Users whose maintenance period expired before they attempted to upgrade to SBM 5.6.0 no longer receive the options window every time they restart the service. This window allows the user to select whether that want to continue with a 14-day trial license or if they want to downgrade to a previous version for which the user has a valid license. Now this window appears only the first time they restart the service after attempting to upgrade after maintenance is expired.
- This release of Server Backup Manager fixes an issue affecting Linux Backup Agent users that caused the Agent to default to full block scan on every backup.
- An issue that caused the service to not start after upgrading the Data Center Console no longer occurs.
- Users now can select all disk safes in the Choose Volume/Disk Safe window accessed when setting up a Quota report.
- The Server/Agent Backup Status Report now provides the correct subject line instead of, "One or More Tasks In Report are failing since 1 days."
- File excludes are no longer deleted after updating the policy via API using the updatePolicy call.
- Users will notice that this release of Server Backup Manager offers increased speed of initial "seed" backups. This improvement is based on SBM performing fast inserts instead of ordered inserts which are not necessary in a seed backup.
- A disk safe replica will not contain MS SQL or Exchange backups.
- A error message MySQL error closing connection is logged after performing a MySQL database restore.
- Some users may experience an issue causing server replication to complete with alerts concerning Microsoft Exchange verification. If this issue occurs, the workaround is to set Verify Exchange to Never verify.
- The merge task may fail when you attempt to merge a recovery point that was interrupted due to CLOB/BLOB issues. If the merge fails due to this issue, merge the points one by one. After the merge fails, merge each recovery point one by one until the task is successful.
- Users who have Debian installations should note that a Debian-based machine that has both ROM and DEB packages installed is recognized as RPM-based only by Server Backup Manager.
- Users cannot set heap memory more than 1024 MB using serverbackup-setup -m. Even if there is more than enough space, Server Backup Manager displays a message indicating that memory specified must be smaller than 1024 MB.
- Reports are incorrect if the Data Protection Policy task for a server is deleted from Task History.
- When setting up multi-point replication, the shortcut for Backup Agent Configuration Utility runs C:\Program Files\Idera Server Backup\bin\CDPConfig.exe, which starts the Backup Manager Configuration Utility instead of the Agent utility.
- Some users are unable to create backup reports and receive the message, "Unknown exception:java.lang.NullPointerException." A workaround is to add a FROM: address to the Set Report Options.
- If you attempt to import a server that already exists in Server Backup Manager, it does not import the data but does display an incorrect message that reads, “A server to import was not found in the disk safe.” In addition, the error is logged in the server.log file as something similar to the following message:
2014-03-21 06:54:53,351 INFO - Could not locate Agent (6c4bc523-85de-4e3d-a2e0-5868ce73cfbb) while importing DiskSafe (imported)
2014-03-21 06:54:53,352 ERROR - Failed to import agent from disk safe 'imported'
com.r1soft.backup.server.facade.AgentException: Hostname and port are in use
- When Server Backup Manager is in maintenance mode, the policies can still be driven by DCC.
- Server Backup displays an incorrect error message when there is not enough space available in /tmp. The current message, “Path not found /tmp,” is not correct. The message should read, “Not enough usable space in <tempdir> on host <hostname>.”
- Some users may experience an unknown exception error when adding a server and attempting to display disk information. This issue results when Server Backup runs as a local system account which does not have rights to read the disk. You can resolve this issue by changing the process to run as an administrator.
- Users who have more than 1,500 mount points per device may experience performance issues during a file restore or when attempting to browse recovery and archive points.
- You cannot delete a volume located at the root of a mount point. It is not recommended to create volumes in this location. If you want to delete a volume that resides at the root of a mount point:
- Unmount the drive.
- Create a directory that includes folders on the mounted device. This is the location where you can store your volumes.
- Delete the volume using Server Backup.
- Server Backup 5.2.x and later do not support remote deployment to a Windows 2003 server because installing drivers requires user interaction.
- Users who attempt to install Server Backup Manager on a Microsoft Windows 2003 operating system must note that .NET 2.x or 3.5 is required. .NET 4.0 does not satisfy this requirement. When installing SBM on Windows 2003, the installer fails if the proper .NET version is not installed. Note that the installer does not prompt you to install the correct .NET version before failing.
- The temporary (.tmp) folder is not deleted after completing a silent install of Server Backup Manager or Backup Agent using the default values. The folder is empty, but still exists on the server.
- Users who use Centos LiveCD on any bare-metal restores that have LVM may receive error messages that they failed to restore deltas to a certain device number. This issue results from the fact that because the Centos LiveCD uses its own LVM to manage its file systems, dm-0 and dm-1 are always in use. To avoid this issue, choose a target that is two LVM devices higher than the original. For example, if /tmp is originally on /dev/dm-1, you should choose /dev/dm-3 as your target.
- RecoveryCD versions 4.2.0 and 5.0.0 do not work when performing a bare-metal restore to a target that includes mdadm and LVM devices.
- Some users may receive an exception error message when attempting to exclude a large group of files in a directory when performing a restore.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 users cannot restore a mailbox database to an alternate location.
- Some users may experience Java heap space out-of-memory error messages when attempting to restore a database with large LongBlob or LongText types.
- Disk safe verification verifies only those recovery points with an available status. DSV does not verify recovery points with a locked or incomplete status.
- The Data Center Console does not automatically restart after a new Windows or Linux installation.
- The Data Center Console Bulk Edit functionality is experiencing issues, such as not allowing a user to edit merge schedule policies with two disk safes and Data Retention selected.
- The Data Center Console displays incorrect values in the Compression Type section of the Edit Disk Safe window after editing the values.
- Internet Explorer users who enable the Compatibility view may notice graphical display issues when attempting to view some Data Center Console pages, such as the Disk Usage, Volumes, and Policies pages. This issue does not occur in other Web browsers.
- The Data Center Console service is stopped after using a 5.2.1 > 5.4.1 > 5.4.2 upgrade path with RPM packages.
- When a report is sent out via email, the message include the incorrect icon for warnings. The icon should be a yellow exclamation point instead of a red "x."
- Not all files are downloaded for a container on Virtuozzo and system displays the error message, ERROR - Failed to download file, in the log file.
- Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 users may notice that Virtuozzo virtual machines are not detected as devices in the Disk Safe wizard. The VMs are backed up. If you need granular file restore for a VM, you can back up the PCS VM by installing a Server Backup Agent in the VM guest operating system
- Virtuozzo users may notice that when some containers are downloaded, the compressed file does not contain the first and last container listed in the recovery points.
Server Backup Manager 5.6.x does not include an updated bare-metal restore boot CD as this feature is not changed since version 5.4.1.
There are no changes to Server Backup Advanced, Server Backup Free, and Server Backup Standard Edition, and therefore no Server Backup 5.6.x upgrades are available at this time. These non-Enterprise products are still fully supported as Server Backup 5.2.x and no upgrade is required. In order to receive *future* upgrades for these non-Enterprise products, please replace the repository upgrade path(s) stored in your Idera/R1Soft repository source list with the following URLs:
- Apt Non-Enterprise: http://repo.r1soft.com/apt-non-enterprise
- Yum Non-Enterprise: http://repo.r1soft.com/yum-non-enterprise/stable/
To receive the Server Backup 5.6.x upgrade, please replace the repository upgrade path(s) stored in your Idera/R1Soft repository source list with the following URLs: