The authentication between CDP Agent and CDP Server is based on RSA keys. The first time the CDP Server starts, it generates a new RSA Public and Private Key. To communicate with the CDP Server, the Agent must have the CDP Server's Public Key.
Following options of the #r1soft-setup tool allow to manage keys:
- --get-key <url> - Retrieves a key from a CDP server. For this option to work, the Server should be up and accessible from the Agent via the network.
- --remove-key <name> - Removes a key. "Key" is the IP address or URL of the CDP Server.
- --list-keys - Lists all installed keys.
- --stdin-key - Enters a key from stdin.
- --key-filename <name> - The name of the key file. Generated if none specified.
See examples of these options usage on following pages: