Linux Command Line Interface (CLI) Tools allow you to perform the following operations on the CDP (Backup) Agent:
- Display configuration. See Displaying Agent Configuration.
- Install and delete Server Keys. See Managing CDP Server Keys.
- Download Custom Kernel module. See Download Custom Kernels.
- Start and stop Agent service. See Starting The Agent and Stopping The Agent.
- Enable or disable control panel support. See Integration with Custom Control Panel.
- Generate various reports.
The CLI tools are designed to be used in shell scripts for users that prefer Command Line Interface over Web Interface.
To use the CLI tools, establish a SSH connection to the Linux Host, open GUI terminal window (Konsole in KDE, Gnome Terminal in Gnome, etc.), or log in to the text Linux console. You should either log in as root or obtain root permissions after login via su or sudo command.
It is recommended to use PuTTY as a SSH client. It allows you to paste the text from the Windows clipboard by pressing the right mouse button. You can download PuTTY from here: